Friday, November 4, 2011

This is a story about how I am just a cliche girl


It was the most normal of days as I can recall. 
Andrew was in Moab for work, that was all.
I came home from rehearsal at the break of midnight.
I opened the door, unloaded my things, and felt for light.

Then, a most peculiar thing happened.
As the lights turned on, I thought my eyes were to deceive me.
I saw a thing on the floor.
A wee of a thing. Just about 4 inches, no more.
It was brown and it was furry.
When saw what is was, you can imagine my worry!

I froze in my place and dialed for husband to make me feel safe.
Overcome with sheer angst I whispered, "there's a mouse in the house!
What do I do? I'm afraid he will run around in great haste!"
In his absence and his wisdom,
He called for his father come to my assistance.

In a very short time Leonard arrived, tools in hand,
To take on this beast I so frightfully feared.
In the large net he was utterly caught.
Leonard picked up the mouse
and flushed him right down the pot!

Now, some may laugh and point fun,
that I could not catch that little of one.
But mice are gross, and weird.
Cute from afar, or in a glass jar,
but not in your house, not on the floor.
I do not feel shame in my digust,
Only pure gratitude in those I can trust! 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!

Carolyn said...

ha ha! I haven't been reading in a while. You have some great stuff here!! Love the poem for the mouse. He almost looks kinda cute dangling upside down. :)