Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What to do?!

So, I'm starting to realize that I'm getting to the end of my undergraduate college years! Now, this has been a long time coming, but it just seems that I don't have enough time to finish everything in time. First of all, this upcoming Summer is the last of my Summers before I become a graduated adult working in the real world. This means that I need to get an internship somewhere fancy so that I can be ready to get a big job next April. Problem: I don't know where I want to get my internship. I could go somewhere like New York which would be AMAZING, yet scary and far away from...everyone. I could also move and work in Nashville and live with Marcy, Taylor, Tiffany, and Rachael! But again that is far away. My other option is to stay in Provo and work here. The benefit of doing this would be that I could take some classes over Spring and Summer terms and get a few more credit in under my belt. Which brings me to my next problem: I want to take more classes than I have room for in my class schedules! Some of the classes I'm looking at are:
-beginning playwriting
-advanced dramaturgy
-contemporary performance practices
-intermediate makeup
-costume design
-stage management
-beginning sewing
-nonprofit grant writing
-props
-play review
-set construction
(not to mention any of the classes that are required for my major or my degree!)
The only way I could possibly take more and graduate on time is to take classes over Spring/Summer. I am in quite a pickle, indeed. And that is where my topic title comes in: "What to do?!"

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

my advice would be to clone yourself. i'm surprised you haven't thought of this already.

The Nicholas Family said...

first I like the word dramatogy. second i think the sewing class would be a good thing to do...at least I wish I could sew. and third if you ewre in nashville you would be far away from everyone...at least not tiffany marcy rachael and taylor...new york is scary (but fun) and provo...would be the same...I have no good advice other than pray about it...