Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Camping!

For our Labor Day weekend, we went up into the mountains of Utah and camped out for a night. It was so much fun! We saw a shepherd herding about 200 sheep, we made delicious S'mores & foil dinners, told ghost stories, watched the sunrise in the morning, and were visited by a few friendly animals! 
The Sheep 

I got somewhat attached to the white horse. Andrew said I couldn't keep him. He can be so mean sometimes....
Boys and their toys. (We had to buy the hatchet for the trip - it was necessary!)

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Yes, julie, the hatchet was definitley necessary...Levi would agree and I'm sure he would have a few more "essentials" to add to that list!
Can't wait to go camping with y'all...maybe the first weekend in ocotber? I"m busy for the next two weekends.
we should go climbing together before then though!
love ya :)

Jessica said...

We went camping up around the same place I think. Somewhere up behind Heber and the way to Kamas. My mom said she thought it was the same area. Anyway, weren't the sheep so cool to see? I thought the sheep dogs were amazing. I didn't know how protective they were of the sheep and how much they actually do "herd" them. They followed along side our car and made sure that the sheep got out of the way and also kept us in line so we didn't injure them. I loved it.