Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Slice of my life..

So I usually try to bring lunch with me to school, but today I didn't have time/ just didn't pack one. This was no problem, because I thought I had my wallet with me.

I thought wrong.

I did not have my wallet, and therefore, no cash, credit card, or even my BYU signature card. I began to panic, when I found my checkbook!!! I was so thrilled!

So I ordered my delicious Greek salad wrap at L&T, and had just finished writing out my check when this evil girl (Well, she wasn't really evil, but she plays the antagonist role in this story, and it makes me look better if she is evil.) at the cash register told me that I could not use a check if I didn't have my driver's license, or photo ID. As I mentioned earlier, I had neither.

So I called Andrew. He suggested I find a friend, write them a check and have them cash it at the Wells Fargo in the bookstore. A great suggestion. However, I couldn't find a friend. (Sad, I know.)

Then, I ventured over to the Ticket Office, hoping that maybe one of those girls might have cash and I could just write them a check. What I ended up with was my boss' signature card. He offered to let me use it and I could pay him back. So back to L&T where the evil girl worked! This time I asked, before they made my food, if I could pay with someone else's signature card. Guess what she said?! ... "No."

At a loss, I turned around to walk away and a strange feeling came over me. I began to feel my breath stutter and my vision became blurry.

Yes,
oh yes,
 I was crying.
In the middle of the Wilk.
For no reason.
And I couldn't stop.

Then, as if that wasn't embarrassing enough, I ran into a friend from my directing class! I was totally embarrassed and ashamed to tell her why I was crying. But she gave me a huge hug, was able to help me out with the money, and didn't even laugh at me for crying over something so silly!

....sometimes I feel so crazy....

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

tee hee. you always cry.

Carolyn said...

I mean... I'm so sorry that happened to you. But I'm glad it all worked out :)

Megan said...

Awwww, dear Julie! I totally would have cried too. I wish I had been there to help you out. I detest evil BYU employees. And evil people in general.

Kathleen said...

awe...that's the worst! I've forgotten my lunch AND money before...and had to eat cafiteria food. Luckily i can charge to my account. I'm glad you finally found someone to feed you...all those years of acting really helped...just kidding, I probably would have cried too (after I fainted from being so hungry) with my luck it would have been the day i didn't eat breakfast!