Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Abercrombie & Fitch

I bought a brand new coat for this winter season. I bought the said coat at a popular retail store named Abercrombie & Fitch (perhaps you've heard of it). This store has a reputation for nice, yet expensive clothing. And this coat was no exception. I spent a lot of money on this wonderful coat. The only problem with the coat is that when I sit down in class and drape my coat on the back of the chair, you can see the tag on the inside of the coat. This tag is about 5" by 5" big (which is fairly large for a clothing tag). The tag is so huge and so noticeable, it makes me uncomfortable. I'm afraid people will see the tag and think "What a show-off." After all, why would Abercrombie make such big tags if they didn't want them to be shown-off? So I start feeling all weird, thinking that people are only imagining how much I spent on the coat. I want to tell them that I've never bought any item of clothing that cost this much before, but that would be weird, especially because all of this dialogue is taking place inside my head. And then I finally have to remind myself that they probably aren't thinking about me and my coat anyway. How selfish are we to think that everyone's thoughts revolve around our life, and actions?! Nobody really cares about my coat, and it's downright silly for me to think I have to feel awkward because of other's potential thoughts. 

1 comment:

The Nicholas Family said...

it us understandable to feel as through people are looking at the ginormous tag that im sure it was but...im sure you are right...no one probably noticed...unless of course they had wanted the jacket and they noticed you had it...but that is exciting that you got a nice warm winter coat!! b-t-w...its like 75 here...when i first read this i thought...its not winter?!?! but it is there...eat some snow for me!