Tuesday, April 21, 2009

In case you are wondering...

I still have no idea what I am going to do with my life this summer.

I am still waiting to hear back about the American Theater Wing internship in NYC! I called them today and they said that they still haven't reached a decision. I really really really hope that I get this internship because it would be an amazing opportunity for me to gain experience in administration work, live in the city, and get acquainted with famous theaters and people! What's not to love?

What is the most difficult thing about i, is just not knowing. Even if the answer is no, I want to have an answer. It freaks me out that I don't have a plan. And I can't make a plan because I don't know anything.

So, I wait.....

In the meantime I am trying to plan my summer as if I will be in Utah. Here is my plan so far:
1. Work part time at the ticket office
2. Do an internship at the Covey Center or just get really involved in some shows
3. Work part time at Victoria's Secret
4. Take a few classes (but not full time)
5. Go to concerts: possible festivals include Sasquatch, Bumbershoot, Summerfest
6. ROADTRIP!
7. Lagoon

I have decided that even though I could graduate in December, if I stay in Utah for the Summer, I won't. I want to give myself a little off time from school, and I also want to make sure I get to take all the random elective classes I want to take before I graduate. Also, I hear it is harder to get a job right after Fall Semester, as opposed to after Winter semester. And I'm not quite ready to quit being a student just yet.

Those are my thoughts as of late.

1 comment:

kylie said...

well, in a selfish way, i'm glad you'll be here in the summer at the ticket office with me.