Friday, April 10, 2009

Rewind: Festival of Colors



I was so excited to attend this year's Sri Sri Radha Krishna temple celebration of Holi, or The Festival of Colors! I had never gone before, but had heard all about it from friends and such. I am working evening shifts this semester, and realized about a week before Holi, that I would not be able to go because of work!! BUT the day before the festival, I found out that I did NOT have to work and was overly excited about going.
Andrew and I were on our way to the festivities, but the traffic was so horrible on the freeway that we got off and try to find our way through the back roads. We eventually got there, but the colors were thrown as we were parking, so we missed most of the excitement.



































But we had fun petting the llamas, looking at the peacocks, looking at the gift shop inside the temple, and getting a little color on us from other people who still had some powder left.
It was very fun, but next year we will be on time!

1 comment:

The Nicholas Family said...

I would sooo love to go to the festival of colors! im sad you missed to color part...maybe someday we can go together! haha