Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Summer Book List

It is finally SUMMER!

As it turns out, I'm going to spend my Summer here, in Utah. I'm enrolled in only one class for the Spring term and am working part time at the ticket office. This means that I have a lot of extra time (for now). Extra time is a rarity in my life, so I'm going to fully take advantage of this opportunity and catch up on all those books/plays I want to read. There are so many books/plays that I need to catch up on so I don't have to plug my ears to avoid potential spoilers. Also, I have started so many books that I just never got around to finishing! So, I am going to start a book list. Today I started 1984 by George Orwell. I am already entranced.

Everyone please give me some summer reading suggestions!

2 comments:

Krystal Downs said...

Julie,

read Tess of the D'Ubervillies, The God of Small Things,Lolita, Native Son, The Handmaid's Tale, The Catcher in the Rye, Atonement, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, Invisable Man, On the Road, Lord of the Flies, Life of Pi, ahh there are so many. But definitely read The God of Small Things.

kylie said...

tell me what you think of 1984 when you're finished. i'll think of my favs and let you know, but my all-time fav book is the count of monte cristo (unabridged). it's 1200ish pages, but if you're sitting where i think you are, you have plenty of time on your hands. :)